Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS), serving two generations, supports the mental, social and emotional competence of children from birth to age five. In addition to education, HS/EHS provides children and their families with health, nutrition, and social-emotional education. Programs are responsive to each child and family’s ethnic, cultural and linguistic heritage, and focus on whole-child development in the context of the family and community. HS/EHS provides early education within a comprehensive service framework that is committed to the engagement of families in the development of their children. HS/EHS recognizes parents as the child’s first and most important teacher and as leaders in program governance.
Community Services for Children (CSC) is a leader in early education and family support services that provides high-quality early education to over 1,200 children from low-income households in the Lehigh Valley and connects 20,000 children and their families to needed resources across Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Prepare young children and their families to succeed in learning and in life through innovative, comprehensive, leading-edge services.
Engaged communities where every child thrives and every family succeeds.
- Excellence: Visionary leadership and mission driven commitment to achieving the highest standard of service.
- Inclusion: Embracing uniqueness of each person and advancing diverse voices, experiences and backgrounds by creating a true sense of belonging.
- Equity: Access to opportunity, fairness and resources necessary to ensure every individual’s success.
- Integrity: Acting in a way that demonstrates honesty, accountability, and responsibility for all that is in our care.
- Connection: Authentic relationships with individuals, partners and the community.